Services: City Ordinance Permits

All permits are mandated and regulated by City Council Members for the benefit and safety of all residents and assures a quality living environment.

Building Permits and Regulations:


Per TCEQ (Texas Commission on Environmental Quality) You   must    have   at least (3/4 acre) of land to have a septic   system installed.   ONLY TCEQ can grandfather your property for a traditional septic system.  The Town Council requires a minimum of two of the smaller lots to build.  An Engineered septic plan is required before a permit will be issued.


*Concrete culverts are required, and must be at least 18" in diameter.


Also, keep in mind you cannot build within 5 feet of neighboring property lines, or within 30 feet from the edge of the street. Also, mobile homes must wind zone 2, and be placed parallel to the road. All residential dwellings must be at least 1,000 sq. ft., and comply will all floodplain regulations.


A certificate of elevation is required and the lowest floor of the home must be at least 36" above mean sea level.  Also, it is cannot be blocked up more than 3' from the ground. Without using an engineered block set, or placed on piers (Ask at Town Hall of Specifics).


Floodplain Development and Building Permits must be obtained for all houses, home additions, home demolitions, and manufactured homes, located in flood zone AE or AO. The Town may approve and allow use of travel trailers, where a building permit has been issued only for use while a home is being built.   Otherwise travel trailer and RV are not permitted for use as a residence.  Some Summer use may be allowed, however; only Town Council can approve.


All permits must be approved by the Floodplain Administrator and then the Holiday Lakes Town Council before construction may begin, or any manufactured home may be moved into the town.  And a Certificate of Occupancy must be granted before any building/home may be utilized or lived in.



Permit Regulations can be found under permit applications and information.

Mobile Home/Building Permit Required Information

Mobile Home/Building Permit Required Informaiton
Adobe Acrobat document [197.6 KB]

Important Information

Important Informaion
Important Information.pdf
Adobe Acrobat document [1.1 MB]



$100.00            Building Permits (includes Homes, additions to homes where addtition  will                            be 1/2 or more  of the value of home, Garages  not attached  to  house, and                             storage buildings more than 12 foot wide and/or 24 foot long).

  • $100.00             Mobile Home Permit (a minium of  1000 sq. ft. of  livable space is required.  All mobile homes are required to be FEMA wind zone 2.  When the  home is  more than five years old pictures of the entire outside and inside showing walls and floors are required; homes less than 1,000 sq ft, or placement of home other than parrallel to road, Town Council must approve prior to placement.

  • $100.00              Home/Mobile Home Removal (When moved over Town Streets)

  • $ 50.00               Travel Trailer  (vacation and home building only)

  • $ 50.00              Truck Permit (for 18 wheeler: tractors only, or Class B trucks)

                               NOTE:  NO SEMI-TRAILERS ARE ALLOWED


  • $100.00             Vendor/Peddler’s Permits (to sell within the city limits of Holiday Lakes) You                            must specifiy what you plan to sell, please include all items.



Utility Service Reuglations and Application for Service(s)

Utiltiy Service Regulations
Utility Service Regulations.pdf
Adobe Acrobat document [10.4 MB]
Application for Service: Water, Garbage, and/or Mail Box
Adobe Acrobat document [248.2 KB]

Building,  Mobile Home, and Travel Trailer Permit Applications, and Certificate of Elevation

Floodplain Developement Permit Application
Adobe Acrobat document [258.7 KB]
Building Permit Application
Adobe Acrobat document [336.8 KB]
Mobile Home Permit Application
Adobe Acrobat document [132.2 KB]
Travel Trailer Permit Application
Adobe Acrobat document [279.6 KB]
Certificate of Elevation
Elevation Certificate Blank.pdf
Adobe Acrobat document [4.0 MB]

Peddler's/Solicitor's Permit Application

Peddler's/Solicitor's Permit Application
Peddler's-Solicitors Permit Application.[...]
Adobe Acrobat document [1.0 MB]

Truck Permit Application

Truck Permit Application
Truck Permit Application.pdf
Adobe Acrobat document [24.9 KB]